Yakima man in need of workers' comp

Do You Need Financial Reinforcement?

A fall on the job only takes one second to change everything. You’re working and supporting yourself. Suddenly, you’re sidelined with an injury and wondering how you’ll pay your bills.

But your financial stability doesn’t have to turn on one second of bad luck.

When your injury happened on the job, workers’ compensation benefits can cover your medical bills and provide income to replace some of your missing pay.

Benefits can protect your lifestyle while you recover from your injury.

Bothwell & Hamill has workers’ compensation slip and fall accident lawyers who help people in Washington State get the full benefits they are entitled to receive. Benefits here are overseen by the state Department of Labor & Industries (L&I).

If you’re in Richland, Spokane, Kennewick, Sunnyside, Yakima, Walla Walla, Ellensburg, Wenatchee, or anywhere else throughout Central Washington, get in touch for help with your L&I workers’ compensation slip and fall claim.

Contact Us Now! »
Woman in need of disability benefits

How Are Slip and Fall Accidents Covered by Workers’ Comp?

Almost any job injury is covered by workers’ compensation. Most employers in Washington are required by law to carry workers’ comp coverage. As long as the injury happened in the course of doing your job, you should qualify for benefits.

Statistics from L&I show that falls are among the most common on-the-job accidents leading to benefits in Washington. In 2020, L&I reported more than 13,000 claims for falling accidents with costs topping $181 million.

Some of the job types reporting the highest numbers of slip and fall accidents included these:

  • Automotive mechanics
  • Building sanitation and housekeeping workers
  • Carpenters
  • Cashiers
  • Construction laborers
  • Farm workers
  • Food service workers, including restaurant cooks, waitresses and waiters
  • Home health aides
  • Landscapers and groundskeepers
  • Maintenance and repair workers
  • Nurses’ aides
  • Shipping laborers
  • Retail workers
  • Truck drivers

Workers’ comp represents an understanding between employers and workers. Filing a claim for a falling accident on the job doesn’t mean you’re suing your employer.

In fact, workers’ comp is designed to protect employers from lawsuits while also providing economic support to workers—faster than a lawsuit—when you’re hurt on the job.

Fault is not a factor in a workers’ comp claim. You don’t have to prove your employer was negligent. You just have to confirm that your injury happened at your job.

Start with a FREE legal evaluation from Bothwell & Hamill.

Get Evaluated for FREE  »
Yakima man visits with approved workers' comp doctor

How to Make an L&I Claim for a Falling Injury in Washington

As soon as you can after your injury from falling at work, you need to start your workers’ compensation claim.

Follow these steps:

  • Tell your supervisor about your fall.
  • Get medical treatment for your injury.
  • When possible, go to your doctor, not just a company doctor.
  • Stick to the treatment plan set by your doctor and save documentation of everything.

While Washington workers are entitled to workers’ comp, employers and workers’ compensation insurance companies may resist your claim.

It costs them money to pay you everything you deserve. But you were the one hurt on the job. Your needs should come first.

Experienced workers’ compensation lawyers can make that happen. They support your claim. They navigate the claims system for you. They make sure that somebody is standing up for your rights, so you get the maximum benefits available to you.

After the rude disruption of a workplace injury, getting these benefits can make a big difference in your life.

Reach out to Bothwell & Hamill to see how we can fight for your financial future.

Call Us Now!  »

More Questions?

You might have a lot of questions. Bothwell & Hamill has answers.

Common Questions »
Yakima woman wins workers' comp with the help of Tim Hamill

I was so impressed with the sincere compassion of the staff. I was seen right away, and they have been leading me through the difficult L&I process these past few years.”


on Avvo.com
Contact Form Phone