Get help when you’re hurt at work.

Anyone can get hurt at work. At Bothwell and Hamill, we help men and women with Workers’ Compensation from all walks of life.

Laborers…machinists…welders…carpenters…health care providers…warehouse workers…office personnel…farm workers, and more.

I’m Tim Hamill of Bothwell and Hamill.

We help people from all over Central Washington who need Workers’ Compensation benefits. We fight for them, one person at a time.

Your claims manager is not there to make sure you get all the benefits you deserve. That’s my job.

What Should I Do After Getting Hurt at Work?

You’ve always been proud of working hard. You showed dedication to your job. If you got hurt or developed an occupational disease, you deserve support to recover, pay your bills and move forward with your life.

This is why workers’ compensation exists. In Washington State, it’s called industrial insurance. The Department of Labor & Industries oversees it. Under the program, your work earned you the right to benefits.

When you’re hurt at work, this is what you should do:

  • Report your injury or illness to your employer right away AND GET IT IN WRITING.
  • Get the medical attention you need.
  • Make sure you get the maximum benefits by calling an experienced workers’ comp attorney, such as Tim Hamill of Bothwell & Hamill.

L&I has its own separate laws, doctors, courts and judges.
You’re an underdog, going up against a massive, overwhelming system.

Tim was an assistant state attorney general representing L&I. He knows what evidence you need and how to protect your rights. Sometimes we can help you keep benefits even after L&I threatens to stop them.

Bothwell & Hamill helps hardworking people in Yakima, Kennewick, Sunnyside, Spokane, Richland, Ellensburg, Wenatchee, Walla Walla and all across Central Washington.

Call Us Today! »

What Do I Get From L&I?

Workers’ comp provides several forms of financial and career assistance:

  • Medical Care.Your benefits should pay for the medical care you need to recover from your workplace injury. Bothwell & Hamill can make sure you see qualified doctors of your choosing.
  • Lost Wages.If you can’t work because of your injury, you’re entitled to lost wages payments. Your check could be 60 to 75 percent of your regular pay.
  • Vocational Benefits.Workers’ comp also provides retraining for a new job and help returning to the job market through a vocational counselor.
Yakima construction worker prepares to file for workers' comp

How Do I File for
Workers’ Comp?

When you’re hurt at work, you’ll need to file an accident report to start your workers’ comp claim. You can do this a few ways:

  • Visit your doctor, who will file your accident report for you.
  • File your claim on the L&I website.
  • Call L&I at 1-877-561-3453.
  • If your employer is self-insured, get an accident form from your employer, file your claim through your employer, get the report in writing & get copies.

Most employers in Washington State get workers’ comp through L&I. About one-third are self-insured. If your employer is self-insured, they handle your paperwork and pay your claim.

At Bothwell & Hamill, we charge nothing for you to talk to us about workers compensation claim.

Get My Free Evaluation! »
Yakima man who was denied workers' comp

What if I’m Denied?

If your doctor can’t confirm that your medical condition comes from a work-specific injury, L&I may deny your claim.

But this isn’t the end. You can appeal.

When you appeal, we strongly encourage getting an attorney to handle the process.

Our attorneys work closely with you, your doctors and your L&I claim manager to collect the information you’ll need on your injury, medical history and work history.

But move quickly. As Tim Hamill says, “Every decision has a deadline to appeal that decision — or it becomes final!

Get Help Now! »
Yakima client happy after winning worker's comp with the help of Tim Hamill

I appreciate that Mr. Hamill took my case when the other attorneys in the area would not. He has helped me obtain the funds due me from L&I.”


Contact Form Phone
Skip to content