Yakima man needs Social Security Disability benefits to reclaim his life

Can’t Work Because of Constant Pain? Disability Benefits Can Help.

It hurts to move. It hurts to be touched. Your knees are swelling and your muscles are inflamed.

But just because you have chronic pain and can’t work, it doesn’t mean your bills stop coming. You feel like one stress after another is piling up on top of you.

The experienced attorneys at Bothwell & Hamill can help. We’ll work with you to get the monthly Social Security Disability checks that can lighten your load and improve your life.

We help people win benefits in Yakima, Kennewick, Sunnyside, Spokane, Richland, Ellensburg, Wenatchee, Walla Walla and anywhere in Central Washington.

Let Us Help You!  »
Woman in need of disability benefits

Do You Have Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)?

Sometimes referred to as “complex regional pain syndrome,” or “reflex sympathetic dystrophy,” CRPS can cause a variety of symptoms that make it difficult to function in a job:

  • Being sensitive to touch
  • Inflamed joints or muscles
  • Localized pain
  • Swelling in the affected limb
  • Changes in your hair or nail growth
  • Osteoporosis
  • Tremors or jerking involuntarily
  • Changes to the look or feel of your skin

According to the Mayo Clinic, if you’ve had a heart attack, stroke, injury or surgery, any of those could’ve been risk factors leading to your CRPS.

Your employer may not understand why you constantly call in sick. Your doctors may struggle to define your condition. Even your friends and family may think this is all in your head.

At Bothwell & Hamill, we understand that CRPS is real. And we know how to help you get the Social Security Disability benefits you need.

We’ll start by giving you an evaluation of your claim for free.

Get My Free Evaluation!  »
Man suffers after being injured on the job in Yakima

How to Qualify for Social Security Disability for Chronic Pain

In 2017, Social Security recognized CRPS as a legitimate disability that qualifies for benefits. To claim your benefits, you must prove that you can’t work because of chronic pain by submitting evidence like this:

  • Laboratory tests and other medical reports
  • Medical records including ongoing treatment plans
  • Physicians statements
  • Testimony from your employer citing how chronic pain has affected your ability to work
  • Statements from family and friends indicating how your condition has affected your daily life

Every case of chronic pain is different. You have to show Social Security that your particular case makes it impossible to work.

Social Security created a special legal system just to decide disability benefits. When you’re out of work and in pain, the last thing you want is to face this complicated process on your own. You want a lawyer who knows the Social Security legal system and works with it every day.

That’s Bothwell & Hamill.

We have the knowledge and experience to guide you through. We take the work off you, gathering the information you need, submitting it on time, and helping you appeal if your initial claim is denied— so you can focus on feeling better.

Call Us Today!  »

Contact Form Phone
Skip to content